2012/06/01

*First Trip Away..and bringing daddy home*

...scary very scary my first time leaving him for a full night, oh the things that race through your mind..? things that you know probably could and would never happen but hey you have to think it because you are a mom and because that is your reason for existing that you are taking a minute away from. I trust my parents with our lives but leaving him with them for 2 nights without me to see or talk to was hard, I knew they would handle it fine, but would Abel? Would I? 

The airport departure was the hardest saying goodbye. Once on the plane and several phone calls later before i took off I was calmer. I arrived in Nf, only to realize after yet another phone call he will be fine and take this time because you are not always so lucky to get a breather. I missed him so much but the nights were the hardest expecting to get up and not having to but other then that the two days went Farley fast and then Josh and I were on our way across the island in the Mazda RX-8 haha , jam packed full of stuff.

We skyped with mom and dad and Abel on the boat on the way back to Nova Scotia, so that helped and then we docked and got int he car and headed home to start our forever life with our baby boy. It only took 6 hrs yay!!!

Josh, Abel & I settled into living together and our new lives great, it was meant to be and will always be meant to be. Josh loves working for Smartforce in Halifax office, I love spending my days cleaning and playing and cuddling with Abel, and making supper for Josh when he gets off work. I especially love our car rides with Abel to get out of the house!

April soon came and it was Abel's christening, such a difficult subject, some people agree or disagree on it for many different reasons and you do it either for your own reasons or specifically for your child, I did it for Abel so he can make his own decision when he gets older.

So April 15th 2012, Abel's Christening day! 
We had many family members attend this wonderful celebration of our babys life, From Newfoundland we had his Godparents Sam & James,Grandparents Best & Uncle Luke Best Grandparents Dale and Uncle Robert Dale, Great Grandmother Dale and Dora, From Nova Scotia his other two amazing Godparents Samantha Rae and Shawn, Emilio and Isiah, Milly, Sissy, Patty, and Grandparents Dawe and Josh and I. It was a beautiful ceremony held at St. Andrews church in Cole Harbour, we appreciated everyone's attendance during and afterward.




No comments: