2012/05/31

*A few more months to go...

...and the most amazing thing happened...


I spent the rest of the summer enjoying visits with friends and family reconnecting with some very old friends via fb and txt, then sept came and we found out that my grandfather had had a heart attack, it was very hard and stressful time waiting phone calls to find out what new news was, seeing if it would be ok, scary hard times...


My mother and I decided to go home to Newfoundland after my grandfather got out of the hospital and help him and my grandmother out, we scheduled our flight for Oct for 1 week. My doctor said I would be ok to fly as long as I kept it easy at home not too much activity for me and the Abel.


I went home having made plans to see several friends and family members, one person in particular, but it had been a very hard week and very busy that when it was downtime it was rest time, no visits.


My grandfather is doing great and is so strong, I am so proud to call him my grandpa. It was our final day in Newfoundland, visits were necessity to see the people I very much wanted to see if only for a moment. My friend Sammy came and picked me up and drove me in to Conception Bay South, to visit with my best friend when I was in Junior High School, back then the crush of all crushes the boy who i couldn't ever date because we were amazing friends hanging out after school together going to music lessons together the works of it. 


His name Joshua Best!! <3


I hadn't seen him in over a yr, I was nervous and anxious as I had the same butterflies return to me after all those years of seeing him everyday in school and out. I wasnt sure of what he would think if my very pregnant belly at this point, even though we had been talking for several months via txt and facebook it is always a different story in person.


He came out of his house, that amazing old white house were we shared so many childhood memories, down over the stairs to the passenger side of the car where i got out and here it was the moment the moment when i realized how much I had missed this friend. He hugged me as he always did except with Abel in between us now but just as closley and hard as he always had. We then proceeded to go into the house where we sat and talked for about a half hour as that was all the time we had. He was going out I had to get back to my aunts to finish packing and leave for home. We said out goodbyes except this time he said I will come visit you very very soon!


I didn't believe him not for a second, but after a few weeks it was the end of October and that boy showed up off a plane in front of me at arrivals in the airport, my very best friend kept his promise. He stayed for a week, an amazing week where he met my amazing extended family Sam, Shawn, Emilio & Z. Feelings came out two nights before he was due to leave and go home, he kissed me for the very first time! I cant say it wasnt scary, common I was 7 months pregnant and trying to figure out how to raise a baby!! I was not thinking about a relationship, love anything as I had already been there and been hurt one too many times. I needed time to think so the next day was sad but just as we had always been friends. no pressure. Then he left to head back to Newfoundland, with unanswered questions and confusing feelings here we were having to make some very hard decisions.....

No comments: